R is rapidly becoming the leading language in data science and statistics. Today, R is the tool of choice for data science professionals in every industry and field. Whether you are full-time number cruncher, or just the occasional data analyst, R will suit your needs.
This introduction to R programming course will help you master the basics of R & Rstudio. In seven sections, you will cover its basic syntax, making you ready to undertake your own first data analysis using R. Starting from variables and basic operations, you will eventually learn how to handle data structures and automate data analysis procedures using known packages such as tidyr, dplyr, Hmisc among others. In the final section, you will dive deeper into the graphical capabilities of R, and create your own stunning data
Visualizations using ggplot2 packages. Finally, the course will cover statistical modelling using R which is a crucial prerequisite for advanced data science course.
What makes this course unique is the ability to automate boring statistical analysis you usually conduct in Excel or SPSS. This will be achieved through continuously practicing your newly acquired skills and interactive one-on-one lessons using real datasets.
NB: No prior knowledge in programming or data science is required.
What we provide.
· Easy to understand R/Rstudio materials (cheat sheets, manuals, slides).
· Guide on acquiring and installations of R/Studio software package.
· Course complete Certificate.
· Mentorship & opportunity to network with like-minded professionals.
Who should attend;
· Professionals aiming to automate their data analysis processes.
· M&E professionals/Researchers.
· Statistical tutors.
· Students/graduate aiming to polish their data analysis skills to match job market.
Duration, Venue & Fees
· 1.5 Months (60 hrs): 10 hours per week
· Fully online
· KES 30,000 per participant
· November 11th to December 15th, 2021
For any enquiry contact Allan at:
Stay up to date with the happenings at The Kenya Institute of Management